Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Photography Show and Commissioned Artwork




Back in 2008, I had the privilege of participating in a photography show in downtown Rochester. It was held at Image City Gallery and I was thrilled to receive a sweet review by Peter Marr. Some images from the show can be found here on my Photography page, along with a few other art photos created during that time. The page holds just a sampling of work I've done since learning how to manipulate images with the use of Photoshop, an Adobe product that has proven so useful for layering, texturing, etc... There are many photo manipulation tools out on the market today but this is the one I'm most familiar with since studying graphic design in 2004. 

I often take portrait shots for friends and family and have created special art pieces from what we sometimes consider ordinary pictures, like the one of the Dandelion Kiss above. If you are ever interested in having a special art piece created, please feel free to ask. Last year I took on a cd cover project for a storyteller. His wife had passed away from cancer when his children were still very young and he wanted a special angelic-type image made to feature the story about his wife's life and death. He provided me with the images and I used my skills in photoshop to create this cover. It took a combination of layering techniques, painting and image enhancement to produce these results.

1 comment: